Be Less Crazy About Your Body
I wrote a short e-book called Be Less Crazy About Your Body in 2012 and people are still buying it and emailing me about it to say that it helped them. Maybe it will help you, too!
The Dalai Lama famously said, “The world will be saved by Western women.” But not while we’re worrying about our cankles!
Be Less Crazy About Your Body is a manifesto and an instruction manual. Because we twenty-first century ladies are rocking it out in many many ways … but we also still have a lot of leftover mental baggage around beauty and bodies and how we need to look in order to be of value. This little book was written to help you feel more rational and relaxed about all of that.
Be Less Crazy so you can be more of whatever you want to be.
- Hot Boredom, or Why Wanting to Save Money Sometimes Causes Me to Spend More
- The Best Time I Was A 200 Lb Beauty* Queen
- The Best Time I Asked For Something And Got It
- Be Less Crazy About Your Body ... For the Children
- Be Less Crazy ... About Weight
- Ask a Sane Person: Shouldn't I Be Saving the World, or Something?
- Ask a Sane Person: Considering Criticism, Impostor Syndrome, and Married-People Ethics
- Be Less Crazy ... About Bad Boyfriends
Wear the Shift
Wear the Shift was a company I ran with my friend Kelly, where we made custom shift dresses for folks of all sizes from vintage and eco-friendly fabrics. You can see a bunch of adorable people wearing our dresses here!
It was a heckin' ambitious business model, and though we had to close up shop after three years to get real jobs again, I have to say it was worth it. Why? Because I got to
- learn how to make dresses
- learn how to design patterns
- do some deep thinking on why the fashion industry for fat girls sucks so bad
- shop for soooo much crazy vintage fabric
- listen to Robyn's Body Talk like all day every day for months on end
You can read through the old Wear the Shift site here. I'm slowly but surely trying to restore all the pictures.